Saturday, December 8, 2012

Racks' Surf and Turf Meal

Racks
LGF SM City Fairview
Quirino Highway cor. Regalado Avenue, Quezon City
+63 (02)355-3374

Racks - SM Fairview

It's quite common for the family to eat out during sister's day off, and for this day we went to eat at Racks, because we have heard good words about their ribs and would like to try it.

Racks - SM Fairview

Racks occupies the space where Metro Tokyo Tokyo used to be. The place is not only spacious, it's very well lighted, too! It was a little past 5pm when we entered; quite early to eat dinner, but that's because mom wanted to come home early, too.

It was our first time to eat at Racks, so we asked our friendly waitstaff to talk about what they have to offer, and since we're a big group (we were with cousin Mhai that time), he suggested we go for their Surf and Turf meal, which is enough to feed 8 people at the most.

The meal consisted of - a full serving of ribs, a serving of fish and chips, a pasta dish (your choice), three side dishes (your choice, too), and 2 pitchers of drink (your choice as well).

Carbonara Pasta

Carbonara. For our pasta dish, we went for the Carbonara instead of the tomato-sauce counterpart. It didn't look good as plating is concerned, but the pasta is good. It was creamy, it was quite tasty, and the noodles were cooked al-dente.

Fish and Chips

Fish and Chips. This is the type of fish I love - super crunchy on the outside, yet the fish inside is soft and juicy. This is now part of my comfort foods list, and I can sure have this everyday. The chips were great, too, by the way. The cuts were thick, yet it wasn't greasy.

Creamy Corn

Creamy Corn. We were given different choices for the side dishes, and when mom heard of "corn," she immediately chose it. I prefer kernel corn, so I didn't like this one that much, but mom said it was okay for her taste.

Coleslaw

Coleslaw. This was my choice of side dish, and I was glad I went for this. I liked that the vegetables were crunchy and weren't finely chopped, and although it was a little soupy (because of the cabbage, I guess), it went really well with the ribs.

Mac and Cheese

Mac and Cheese. My sister's choice, as this is one of her comfort foods. It was really cheesy without the "umay" factor; I think sister ate most of this simply because it was indeed delicious.

Baby Back Ribs

Ribs. Not greatly pictured, I know... but on the plate were four thick slabs of meat. True to what they say, the meat is so tender it falls off the bones. It was one of the best ribs I have tried, and I appreciated that it wasn't overly fatty (though there were some, of course) and that the meat is really thick. It tasted good as is, but it tasted much better when dipped into Rack's very own dips and sauces, which they also sell at a very reasonable price.

For our drinks, we went for a pitcher of Coke and a pitcher of Iced Tea.

Chocolate Lava Cake

Chocolate Lava Cake. This wasn't part of the Surf and Turf meal, but with the richness of the ribs, we wanted to finish our meal with something sweet. They didn't have that much desserts to offer, but we were happy with this one, because not only did it look good, it tasted good, too! Us five just shared this one serving, afterall we just wanted to satisfy the sweet cravings.

The whole family loved the dining experience at Racks; for sure we will dine there again... and next time I will try their chicken and I will definitely purchase a bottle or two of their BBQ sauce.



FTFBadge
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Jenn, the Foodie


I come from a family who loves cooking and eating. I never had any formal training in cooking and that I taught myself how to cook based on the handed down recipes, but I could say that I can cook good food. In 2008, I started documenting my food trips for my travel blog, and since I have quite enough to start a food blog, might as well put all those food trips in one location. Thus, a food blog is born - thanks to the new Friendster Blogs. However, due to several problems, I was left with no choice but to pack bags again and move here instead. Here's the permanent address, promise! Enough talk, let the food trippin' begin! {Know More About Me}