Saturday, December 22, 2012

Gadget Gambit’s Thanksgiving Party

Every year, influential blogs are recognized, and blogger Jonel Uy’s influence in the Philippine blogosphere is once again recognized, as his tech blog – Gadget Gambit was awarded as one of this year’s top emerging influential blogs.

With so much blessings coming his way, Gadget Gambit held a thanksgiving party, which happened at the SM North EDSA’s branch of Greenwich, one of the country’s well known pizza and pasta place.

Food served at the party –

All-Meat Overload Pizza

All-Meat Overload Pizza

Hawaiian Overload Pizza

Hawaiian Overload Pizza

7 Cheese Overload Pizza

7 Cheese Overload Pizza

Greenwich Special Overload Pizza

Greenwich Special Overload Pizza

Just recently, Greenwich introduced their barkada size – 15” pizza, cut into 16 pieces for barkadas (and big groups in general) to share. This reminds me of the rectangle family sized pizza Greenwich used to have, and although the idea of having a huge pizza for people to share is nice, I somehow didn't like it that much, because the outer four cuts were so small compared the other cuts, and some had the outer crust, while the others had full of toppings. Good thing, Greenwich will cut the pizza to the customer's liking... so if you prefer to have it cut in 8 equal cuts (like the typical pizza) or any other kinds of cut you prefer, all you have to do is to give them your special request.

I liked all the flavors, but my favorites would have to be the 7 Cheese and Hawaiian pizzas.

Glazed Chicken

Crunchy Chicken Glaze
I only had a tiny piece of this chicken (which I took from my cousin Marjorie’s plate) to taste it, and I wasn’t disappointed. When I first heard about this dish, I thought it might be similar to the soy-garlic double deep fried chicken, but I was mistaken. Well, the presentation might be the same, but the taste is definitely different. This one’s slightly sweet and spicy, and perfect to be eaten with rice. Well, I had a piece of each of the pizzas, so I will just go back to Greenwich to order one next time.

IMG_5316

Lasagna
This season means parties here and there, and for some, cooking a potluck dish might take more time and effort, so Greenwich is now offering party-size trays for their pastas. I have always liked their lasagna, so I truly enjoyed feasting on this pasta.

Greenwich Fried Chicken

Greenwich Fried Chicken
I couldn’t remember the last time I ate Greenwich Fried Chicken (I often go for their pizza and pasta), but eating this one was a surprise. It tasted way much better than the last Greenwich Fried Chicken I tasted – this one’s more flavorful that a gravy isn’t necessary anymore.

Blogger Pals

Also at the event, Jonel gave recognition to the bloggers who joined his Blogger Apprenticeship Program. Now on its second year, the program is designed for young bloggers (bloggers who are blogging for a year and below) who would like to know more about the ins and outs of blogging. For this day, Jonel awarded the top six and top three bloggers, and the ones present at the event were Athena, Sumi, and Alwin. Congratulations!

Christmastime is truly a time for gratitude, and as much as Jonel held this party to extend his gratitude, I also would like to thank him for inviting me (and my brother) for this event.


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Jenn, the Foodie


I come from a family who loves cooking and eating. I never had any formal training in cooking and that I taught myself how to cook based on the handed down recipes, but I could say that I can cook good food. In 2008, I started documenting my food trips for my travel blog, and since I have quite enough to start a food blog, might as well put all those food trips in one location. Thus, a food blog is born - thanks to the new Friendster Blogs. However, due to several problems, I was left with no choice but to pack bags again and move here instead. Here's the permanent address, promise! Enough talk, let the food trippin' begin! {Know More About Me}