Monday, July 2, 2012

Chimichanga for Lunch

I told myself July will be my new year - time to get back on track and continue my journey to weight loss. Unfortunately, my New Year turned out to be a Sunday, my "rest day" and a day to be with family.

Jenn and Mom

It was our grocery day, but before we went to the Hypermarket, we went to eat early lunch first. Sister was hoping we could try the newly opened City Buffet (by Yakimix) as they do Seafood Buffet every Sundays, but for 499 pesos each plus the grocery shopping after, we thought we'd rather use the money to buy grocery items than eat a lot of seafood for lunch. We decided to go for Mooon Cafe as it's a newly opened restaurant as well. I told them we better eat below 1000 or else we'd regret not going for the buffet.

Chimichanga

Mom and sis went for their rice meal, but I went for Chimichanga (deep fried burrito). It tasted a little similar to spring rolls, but of course this one's much flavorful because it's Mexican. The outer crust was crispy, but the inner wrapper was chewy soft; the different textures were just so good.

Our lunch was about 800+ pesos. Not bad for three people dining.

Hope you will all have a great week ahead!




Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Jenn, the Foodie


I come from a family who loves cooking and eating. I never had any formal training in cooking and that I taught myself how to cook based on the handed down recipes, but I could say that I can cook good food. In 2008, I started documenting my food trips for my travel blog, and since I have quite enough to start a food blog, might as well put all those food trips in one location. Thus, a food blog is born - thanks to the new Friendster Blogs. However, due to several problems, I was left with no choice but to pack bags again and move here instead. Here's the permanent address, promise! Enough talk, let the food trippin' begin! {Know More About Me}