Wednesday, November 6, 2013

New Baits at Fish & Co.

I love fish and chips, and for me, Fish & Co. serves the best! Of course, it is not the only dish Fish & Co. is known for... and just recently, they unveiled new dishes, made by Chef Boutwood, the corporate chef of the Bistro Group. I, of course, was there to try it out.

Shrimp Popcorn

Shrimp Popcorn
Tender chunks of shrimp coated in our signature spices and deep fried to perfection. Served with chipotle mayo dip.

What a great way to start a feast! It might be simple, but it was just so good! My companions for this food trip loved it, too, that we couldn't get over it even after we tasted the other dishes.

Fish Crab Cakes

Fish Crab Cakes
Premium crab and fish flakes blended with spices and herbs then topped with cilantro salsa.

I loved that the patties were pure crabmeat and fish flakes without extenders inside, but I am not a big fan of crabmeat so this one was just an okay dish for me.

Smoked Fish and Crab Dip

Smoked Fish and Crab Dip
Smoked Fish and premium crab blended with cream cheese.

Smoked fish and cream cheese just went well together! I loved it with the pita bread (or was it tortilla?), although I wish there would be more bread because the dip was so flavorful that one didn't need to put a lot onto the bread.

Steamed Mussels in Pico de Gallo

Steamed Mussels in Pico de Gallo

I wasn't able to get the details of this dish, but one thing to know is that this tasted so good! I loved how big the mussels were inside, and the ingredients just helped give the shellfish more oomph!

Salmon Cannelloni

Salmon Canelloni 
Salmon filled pasta sheets topped with cheesy bechamel sauce.

Salmon is one of my favorite fish, but it has a flavor that can be a little overwhelming. This dish had big chunks of salmon (and not the flake kind), but I didn't get the "umay" factor because of the bechamel and the pasta sheet. Eating this reminds me of the Salmon Rillet I got to taste last Christmas.

Fresh Tuna Picatta

Fresh Tuna Picatta
Fresh tuna seared to perfection and topped with lemon caper sauce. Served with aglio olio pasta and seasoned vegetable.

My favorite dish of the day! I don't eat raw meat, but even if the inside part of the meat was still pinkish and soft, I ate it with gusto because the outside part was cooked enough to provide the contrast in flavor and texture. Super fresh tuna meat was used - I got to taste its natural sweetness and the lemon caper sauce helped to take out the fishy flavor fish normally have. It was a perfect match for the aglio olio pasta... but even if this dish is good enough for sharing, I would probably finish this serving all by myself.

Soft Shell Crab Pasta

Soft Shell Crab Pasta
Perfectly cooked spaghetti blended with crab fat and topped with soft shell crab.

Oh my goodness, what a rich, rich plate of pasta! It was another great tasting dish, but because I am having problems with my blood pressure, I only had a forkful of it, plus a taste of the soft shell crab. Now, with the crab... I just wish all crabs would be like this - it was amazing to eat the claws without having to worry about the shells. This would be something my mom would fall in love with.

Two more dishes were part of this new set of baits - the Fish & Co. Paella, which I didn't get to taste that much so I won't have a thing to say about it and the Calamari Tacos, which I didn't get to taste at all. I am not so crazy about Paella in general, so when I come back to dine at Fish & Co., I would try the tacos, because I have tasted beef, chicken, and fish tacos... I wanna know how calamari taco taste like.

Banana Caramel Pie

Banana Caramel Pie
We ended the meal with a sweet note. It was difficult to chew on the frozen bananas (because I have sensitive teeth), but I loved it a lot! The crust was thick that balanced the amount of cream, and the caramel just bound all together.

These dishes are now available in all Fish & Co. branches, but if there would be a good time to visit the store, I suggest you go there during lunch time because they currently have the Happy Lunching Promo that gives you a full meal - with soup and drink from 295 pesos. This promo is available Mondays through Fridays, but is not valid with other promos and discounts including TBC and Premier cards.

Happy fishing!


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Jenn, the Foodie


I come from a family who loves cooking and eating. I never had any formal training in cooking and that I taught myself how to cook based on the handed down recipes, but I could say that I can cook good food. In 2008, I started documenting my food trips for my travel blog, and since I have quite enough to start a food blog, might as well put all those food trips in one location. Thus, a food blog is born - thanks to the new Friendster Blogs. However, due to several problems, I was left with no choice but to pack bags again and move here instead. Here's the permanent address, promise! Enough talk, let the food trippin' begin! {Know More About Me}