Saturday, July 20, 2013

Modern Shanghai - Glorietta 2, p3

Last part of my post about Modern Shanghai.

Steamed Shrimp Dumplings

Steamed Shrimp Dumplings
If my mom loves siomai, the Hakaw has got to be my favorite dimsum. This one looks like tortellini, no? Anyway, I loved that the wrapper was strong enough to hold the filling, and I appreciated that the base wasn't soggy - something I usually encounter whenever I order this dimsum. It tasted like how Hakaw taste like. It was good, but just fine.

Fried Shanghai Noodles with Seafood

Fried Shanghai Noodles with Seafood
I am not sure if this was served like this or one of my companions mixed it already before I had a chance to photograph it, but I just want to say that this tasted way much better than it looked.

Wok Fried Sliced Beef with Broccoli

Wok Fried Sliced Beef with Broccoli
Beef and broccoli is a common food combination in almost all Chinese restaurants... but the difference is that this wasn't saucy. The beef slices were seasoned well and very tender, and obviously, the broccoli were cooked just right - giving the right crunch.

Eight Treasures in Hot Bean Sauce

Eight Treasures in Hot Bean Sauce
This tasted a little like Mapo Doufu / Mapo Tofu, without the very fiery spice. I loved the combinations of all the ingredients... but my favorite was whenever I added the cashew nut.

Deep Fried Squid with Spicy Salt and Pepper

Deep Fried Squid with Spicy Salt and Pepper
Oh I love fried squid! It would have to be my favorite way of cooking squid... and I also love salt and pepper spareribs. Combining both, I was very excited to try this one, but I was a little sad that the squid pieces were tough. Although it was difficult to bite, it was packed with flavor, and chewing more and more of it allowed me to savor more of its taste. This was served as is, but if ever you order this, do ask for a saucer of vinegar. It would an oomph into the dish. The taste made up for the texture, that my brother considered this his favorite dish among the eleven dishes.

If you wanna know my favorites that day... it would have to be the very first one - the Shandong Style Shredded Chicken and the Crispy Noodles.

Modern Shanghai is located at the third floor of Glorietta 2.


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Jenn, the Foodie


I come from a family who loves cooking and eating. I never had any formal training in cooking and that I taught myself how to cook based on the handed down recipes, but I could say that I can cook good food. In 2008, I started documenting my food trips for my travel blog, and since I have quite enough to start a food blog, might as well put all those food trips in one location. Thus, a food blog is born - thanks to the new Friendster Blogs. However, due to several problems, I was left with no choice but to pack bags again and move here instead. Here's the permanent address, promise! Enough talk, let the food trippin' begin! {Know More About Me}