Saturday, March 23, 2013

Alpenliebe Candies

I have motion sickness, but I love to travel. Usually, the way for me to cope up with it is to either sleep or have some candies to divert my attention. Whenever I travel, I always have some candies in my bag, and my favorites are Mentos and Fruittella. Mentos helps freshen the breath during long, overnight travels, while Fruittella sort of tricks my mind whenever I feel hungry.

Perfetti Van Melle, the company behind my favorite candies now has another candy that will surely be loved by us Filipinos:


Alpenliebe candies.

The name certainly is new to me, but it actually has been around the International market since 1984, and is Perfetti Van Melle's first milk-based deposited candy launched in Italy.

A little sometime ago, I was surprised to received a bucket of these candies, and it just reminded me of "Heidi." :)



It comes in two flavors - Strawberry and Caramel. Strawberry is made with real cream, while Caramel is fortified with milk. Both flavors are delicious, but it's the Strawberry one I liked more, because it has two different flavors that blended well together. Savoring the tangy strawberry flavor combined with something creamy is like eating dessert. What I loved the most about these candies is that it is smooth until it all melts in your mouth, meaning... it doesn't have any holes that would injure your tastebuds (I hate candies like that).

The candy is now available in many supermarkets, and is available in bags containing 50 candies - good enough to share to friends and families.



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Jenn, the Foodie


I come from a family who loves cooking and eating. I never had any formal training in cooking and that I taught myself how to cook based on the handed down recipes, but I could say that I can cook good food. In 2008, I started documenting my food trips for my travel blog, and since I have quite enough to start a food blog, might as well put all those food trips in one location. Thus, a food blog is born - thanks to the new Friendster Blogs. However, due to several problems, I was left with no choice but to pack bags again and move here instead. Here's the permanent address, promise! Enough talk, let the food trippin' begin! {Know More About Me}