Thursday, September 27, 2012

Breakfast, the CBTL Way

The Coffee Bean & Tea Leaf
Ground Level, A. Venue Mall
7829 Makati Ave. corner Valdez St.,
Antel Lifestyle City - Makati City
+63 (02)729-7095

(continuation of the food trips with K)

Coffee Bean and Tea Leaf - A. Venue Mall

During the holiday with K, we usually eat breakfast where we were staying at (except while in Iloilo because we found a place to eat breakfast prior to the trip). Great Eastern Hotel offers buffet breakfast, but when we checked the dining area, none of the food served tickled our eyes. We thought of checking A. Venue Mall again, hoping to have some Chinese food for breakfast, but the store was still closed that time. Good timing, though, CBTL just opened their doors, and we decided to have our breakfast there.

Coffee Bean and Tea Leaf - A. Venue Mall

The place was spacious, and we went for a seat away from the sunlight. K and I didn't have any particular plan to do today, so we figured we would just take time eating our breakfast while reading the paper or the magazines provided by the store. I asked if they have a WiFi connection, and they said they do, but we had to be a part of the CBTL club something so they could give us the password. Obviously, we weren't able to get the password.

They have a lot to offer for breakfast, but we went for the set meals as it already had coffee included in the meals.

Tasty Toast

Tasty Toast. K has always been a simple man when it comes to his food choice, and for his breakfast he just went for the Tasty Toast. He did like the light crunch on the surface of the bread, which had a good contrast to the soft texture inside the bread.

Salmon Sandwich

Salmon Scramble. I really love salmon, and seeing this on the menu sealed the deal for me. A mix of eggs and smoked salmon with special sauce served on rosemary foccacia bread... ummm ummm, good!

His and Her Coffee

His & Her Coffee. K went for the black coffee, I went for the Latte, served with additional milk on the side. It was rich, it was comforting, but every brewed coffee tasted the same for me, so I can't compare if this one was better than the other coffee served elsewhere.

While eating breakfast, I thought about the driver we met while staying at Fernandina 88 Suites Hotel. We knew he works for a different hotel, but during our last road trip with the driver, he did receive a call from someone inquiring about his services, so I decided to call him if it would be okay to drive us around the Metro once again. Fortunately, he was available that day, so we set up a 9:30am call time for another round of road trip.

FTFBadge
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Jenn, the Foodie


I come from a family who loves cooking and eating. I never had any formal training in cooking and that I taught myself how to cook based on the handed down recipes, but I could say that I can cook good food. In 2008, I started documenting my food trips for my travel blog, and since I have quite enough to start a food blog, might as well put all those food trips in one location. Thus, a food blog is born - thanks to the new Friendster Blogs. However, due to several problems, I was left with no choice but to pack bags again and move here instead. Here's the permanent address, promise! Enough talk, let the food trippin' begin! {Know More About Me}