Saturday, June 9, 2012

Manang's Chicken Opens at Wilcon City Center


Their Story

It was the end of 2010 when the Gerodias family started selling Manang's Chicken at a weekend market and the raves from the people prompted the family to branch out, making their double deep fried chicken with secret soy garlic sauce available for more people. To date, they have eight branches... the newest being the one in Visayas Avenue.

Manang's Chicken - Visayas Avenue

This Manang's Chicken branch is located at the second floor of Wilcon City Center along Visayas Avenue in Quezon City. I am not much familiar about the place, so I was asking myself why did they choose this location, and when I got there, I just realized the Wilcon City Center is right infront of a school and there are so many residential area nearby, making this a great place to do business.

Counter

As with any Manang's Chicken counter I see - theirs has a peek of the clean kitchen - ensuring that food served are clean and fresh.

Ribbon Cutting

This joyous celebration is attended by different family members and friends as well as different people from the press - traditional media people and bloggers. It was indeed a great day to celebrate!

They provided a buffet style of food and dishes served at every Manang's Chicken outlets:

Manang's Chicken in Original Sauce

Manang's Chicken in Original Sauce. I always go for the wings... so seeing how big their chicken pieces are, I think the next time I dine at Manang's Chicken, I will go for their chicken cuts.

Sesame Beef

Sesame Beef. Manang's Chicken promote good times with the family and friends - so for people allergic to chicken, they can opt for this dish. I love how tender the meat cuts are and I loved the taste of mashed squash eaten with it.

Garlic Pork Liempo (with Vinegar Dipping Sauce)

Garlic Pork Liempo with Vinegar Dipping Sauce. Another dish for people who's not into chicken. The liempo cuts are easy to chew and it has a good taste by itself, but for me it was the toasted garlic bits and the vinegar that made the dish sooo good!

Crispy Pancit

Crispy Pancit. Noodles for long life! I love eating the crispy noodles together with the soft ones (soaked in sauce).

Macaroni Salad and Coleslaw

Macaroni Salad and Coleslaw. I wasn't able to taste the Macaroni Salad as I opted to eat rice. The Coleslaw I loved because the cabbage and the mayonnaise mellowed the seasonings of the chicken and pork.

Potato Chips with Dips

Potato Chips with Mayo Garlic and Cheesy Cheese Dips. This was served prior to the event - each table has a plate of chips (which they replenish as soon as its emptied). I really love their Potato Chips because it's slightly thick - very crispy and not greasy.

If you're near the area and you want to eat something good without burning a hole in your pocket, I suggest you go to Manang's Chicken. Their meals are very affordable and guaranteed to make your tummy full. Their branches include:
  • SM North EDSA - UG, The Annex
  • Katipunan - G2, One Burgundy Plaza
  • Taft - 2nd floor, Green Podium - One Archer's Place
  • Ortigas - G/F. AIC Gold Tower - Garnet Road cor. F.Ortigas Jr. Road
  • Visayas Ave. - 2nd floor, Wilcon City Center
For more details to be updated with the latest news, please check their website - http://www.manangschicken.com/ or their Facebook page - http://www.facebook.com/manangschicken. You can also follow them on Twitter (https://twitter.com/#!/ManangsChicken).

Big thanks to Manang's Chicken (Giabella Foods Corporation) for the invitation.



  FTFBadge  
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Jenn, the Foodie


I come from a family who loves cooking and eating. I never had any formal training in cooking and that I taught myself how to cook based on the handed down recipes, but I could say that I can cook good food. In 2008, I started documenting my food trips for my travel blog, and since I have quite enough to start a food blog, might as well put all those food trips in one location. Thus, a food blog is born - thanks to the new Friendster Blogs. However, due to several problems, I was left with no choice but to pack bags again and move here instead. Here's the permanent address, promise! Enough talk, let the food trippin' begin! {Know More About Me}