Monday, November 7, 2011

Weekend Eating | Trinoma Foodcourt

I wanted to share the Latte Love event for this edition of Weekend Eating, but I still haven't edited the pictures I needed, so will share this one instead.

Last Saturday, I attended the Latte Love (a latte art workshop) at Landmark Trinoma. Sister sent Krups PH a message and got a response saying she should just approach the registration booth to tell that she is a blogger (I got a bloggers pass days before). We didn't want mom to be alone in the house, so we asked her to come with us so she could shop while we attended the event. I was happy that we didn't have to leave mom shopping alone, because the event was open to the public, so mom attended the event as well.

We got a message from brother saying he is on his way home, so right after the event, mom told us we should eat our late snacks/early dinner so we could go home asap. I brought my Pizza Hut GC, but mom didn't want to eat any pizza today, and roaming around we got to see Trinoma's food court and decided to eat there instead.

Us three had our own preferred taste, so we ordered our food separately.

Le Ching Tea House
Shrimp Dumplings Bola Bola Siopao

Mom decided to go for Le Ching Tea House, because she really loves to eat siomai. However, seeing the menu, she decided to go for the shrimp dumplings and the siopao, which has two small siopaos per order (kinda like Kowloon House). Mom gave sis and I a shrimp dumpling each, and I did love the taste, but I found the wrapper a little too bready (in terms of taste). The siopao I didn't taste anymore as I am not fond of the Bola Bola Siopao, but we took the other siopao home for brother and brother said it tasted just like Kowloon House's siopao.

Mongolian Bowl
Mongolian

Sister went for Mongolian. I actually wanted to order here, too, as the customer decides what to put in their bowl - it was like a buffet with different ingredients, just dump what you want in your bowl. However, I might not have control over the ingredients I put in, so I decided not to order here. I got to taste a bit of sister's food and it basically tasted just like ordinary stir-fry food or those rice in a box style food. The only good thing about eating food from here was that you personally decide what sauces and seasonings to use, so if you end up with crappy food, it was basically your fault.

Reyes Barbecue
Salmon BBQ

I went for Reyes Barbecue. At first, I wanted to go for the Grilled Bangus, but when I saw the Salmon BBQ, I immediately asked if it was available. Since it was, I went for it for I do miss eating salmon. The BBQ had small cuts of belly - those with the fins - yummy goodness! I didn't eat all the rice on my plate, so overall, I think I did well eating out. At least I know I am slowly learning how to control myself and not get overwhelmed with the many choices of food.

- * - * - * -

So... what did you have last weekend? If you're new to the Weekend Eating meme, you can read the rules and get the badge codes HERE. My heartfelt thanks to everyone who joined last week.






Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Jenn, the Foodie


I come from a family who loves cooking and eating. I never had any formal training in cooking and that I taught myself how to cook based on the handed down recipes, but I could say that I can cook good food. In 2008, I started documenting my food trips for my travel blog, and since I have quite enough to start a food blog, might as well put all those food trips in one location. Thus, a food blog is born - thanks to the new Friendster Blogs. However, due to several problems, I was left with no choice but to pack bags again and move here instead. Here's the permanent address, promise! Enough talk, let the food trippin' begin! {Know More About Me}