Thursday, August 15, 2013

Pizza Gallant

It's Throwback Thursday today, so let me share to you a food trip from the vaults.

Pizza Gallant

We travel to La Union once or twice a year, but whenever we were there, we would always try to go to different places, even if we've already visited it. One quiet afternoon, sister and I craved for some snacks and decided to go to Pizza Gallant, located just along the highway.

Pizza Gallant
Pizza Gallant

The first time I tasted their food (a year prior to this visit), I wasn't impressed due to many factors. Trying their food again gave me hesitations, but one "bad" food trip won't really hinder me to try again, and this time I was very willing to give it another shot.

What we had:

IMG_4437

Gallant Special
No matter how each pizza parlor calls this flavor, I always tend to go for this because it has everything I want in a pizza - meat, bell peppers, onions, and pineapples. The menu indicated "thick crust," but this wasn't thick. I really love my pizza "thick," but this one didn't disappoint at all! It was packed with toppings, and even if I wasn't sure if they used mozzarella or just cheddar cheese, I didn't mind anymore... this tasted way much better than the typical "small-scale pizza" I have tried.

Fried Chicken

Fried Chicken
The very first food I tried here was their combo meal which had a slice of pizza, a small serving of spaghetti, and a piece of fried chicken. I wanted to re-taste each of the food I previously ordered, but they didn't have spaghetti that time, so I just ordered a piece of fried chicken, without the rice. Now I realized that their fried chicken tasted better when it was freshly cooked because the breading was still crispy. Nothing exceptional about their fried chicken... although I hoped I knew which breading mix they used (that is, if they used the store bought one) so I can use it at home, too.

Taco Pizza

Taco Pizza
Sister's choice of pizza. This had taco beef (beef seasoned with taco flavoring), salsa, tomato slices, and lettuce. The way we saw it, the tomatoes and lettuce were topped after the pizza was cooked, resulting in a very fresh tasting pizza. Cumin flavored beef got us worried at first if we would like this, but we did! Who knew taco can make a great pizza flavor?

Clubhouse Sandwich

Clubhouse 
I didn't know what sister thought, but she still ordered for this sandwich. Very typical... but of all the clubhouse sandwich I have tasted in Bacnotan, this was the best.

We only ate what we could handle and took home the food we weren't able to eat. Sadly, the last time we traveled to Bacnotan, Pizza Gallant has already closed down. Sad that we didn't have a pizza place to go to that is close to our place, but I hope soon there will be a nice food place in the area what will stand the test of time.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Jenn, the Foodie


I come from a family who loves cooking and eating. I never had any formal training in cooking and that I taught myself how to cook based on the handed down recipes, but I could say that I can cook good food. In 2008, I started documenting my food trips for my travel blog, and since I have quite enough to start a food blog, might as well put all those food trips in one location. Thus, a food blog is born - thanks to the new Friendster Blogs. However, due to several problems, I was left with no choice but to pack bags again and move here instead. Here's the permanent address, promise! Enough talk, let the food trippin' begin! {Know More About Me}