Friday, May 3, 2013

Chocolat (Deep Dark Chocolate Cakes) - Sgt. Esguerra

Before finishing up our meal at Pino Resto Bar, we were talking about desserts and decided we eat our desserts elsewhere. I do like to cap off a meal with a dessert, but I am not really much into it, so I couldn't contribute a good place for us to eat (I normally just select a dessert from the menu of the restaurant I was dining at). Talks led to Chocolat... and that's where we headed.

There are different Chocolat branches, but the one we went to was the one closest to Pino Resto Bar - the one along Sgt. Esguerra in Quezon City. There is a big printed menu inside the store, but if you wanna know the available cakes, there is a row of refrigerators containing the cakes and pastry bars for sale.

From the store, there is a door leading to a spa, which made a few of us check it out first. When I got back at our table, they were able to choose cakes already, so I had to make a quick decision. I wasn't able to choose well, because what I chose was also chosen by another companion. Had I known, I would go for a different cake. Haha.

Kahlua

Kahlua.
...and as if luck wasn't on my side, the cake I chose turned out to be very sweet. It was good, the cake was moist, but it was just too sweet.

Bailey's

Bailey's.
I believe my sister chose this one. It was just so good! It wasn't overly sweet, and I was hoping my sister and I could exchange cakes. Obviously, she didn't want to.

Chocolate Caramel

Chocolate Caramel.
This, I loved, too. I loved the melody of chocolate and caramel. It also had the right sweetness.

Death by Tablea

Death by Tablea.
Though not my favorite cake that night, this was unique and worthy of raves. There's something so good about bittersweet chocolates, and not only did I liked the slight bitterness to it, the addition of condensed milk made it real good, too.

Chocolate Hazelnut

Chocolate Hazelnut.
I liked the cake, I liked the frosting. It wasn't exceptionally good for me - but still okay to fix the chocolate cravings.

New York Cheesecake

NY Cheesecake.
The only rose among the thorns. I am not a fan of cheesecake, but I appreciated having a taste of this one because it sort of washed away all the chocolate in my mouth. I loved the creaminess and I loved how smooth it was and how it had more cheese than crust.

Hot Chocolate

Hot Chocolate.
All of us had a cup of hot chocolate to go with our cakes. This tastes heavenly! It had everything I want in a cup of hot chocolate - not too sweet with a hint of bitterness. Most of us had a slice of chocolate cake and drinking hot chocolate seemed to be a little "choco overload," but because it has this bitterness, it sort of complemented the cakes.

-----------------
Chocolat Deep Dark Chocolate Cakes
26 Sgt. Esguerra St., Courtyard Bldg. 
South Triangle, Quezon City
+63 (02)923-7584

FTFBadge
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Jenn, the Foodie


I come from a family who loves cooking and eating. I never had any formal training in cooking and that I taught myself how to cook based on the handed down recipes, but I could say that I can cook good food. In 2008, I started documenting my food trips for my travel blog, and since I have quite enough to start a food blog, might as well put all those food trips in one location. Thus, a food blog is born - thanks to the new Friendster Blogs. However, due to several problems, I was left with no choice but to pack bags again and move here instead. Here's the permanent address, promise! Enough talk, let the food trippin' begin! {Know More About Me}