Sunday, April 29, 2012

Ted's Old Timer La Paz Batchoy

Ted's Old Timer La Paz Batchoy
Across La Paz Public Market - La Paz, Iloilo

Second day in Iloilo and again... K and I welcomed a new day at Madge Cafe, having the same type of coffee we had the previous day. I told K I would only have the coffee, because I saw a nearby branch of Ted's Old Timer La Paz Batchoy across the market, and I would love to try it and sort of compare it with Deco's.

Ted's Oldtimer La Paz Batchoy

Actually, I already got to taste Ted's Old Timer La Paz Batchoy when mom and I went to SM Fairview months ago. Like Deco's, Ted's also have established a name of their own and has branches all over the country. The look of their store looked similar than the one at the mall, so I think every branch have the same feel.

Counter

For easy ordering, they have printed a big menu board. What I love about their menu is that they offer different varieties to suit one's taste. For the noodles, they offer Meke, Miswa, Sotanghon and Bihon. For Meke and Miswa, they have the Extra Super, Super, and Special. I forgot how each differ from one another, but by checking the prices, I guess it is safe to say that Extra Super had the most amount of toppings. If you're not into pork, they also have Chicken Batchoy, though the menu didn't indicate what type of noodles they use for this kind.

Their selection isn't just concentrated on La Paz Batchoy, they also offer fried dishes - chicken, pork chop, bangus, as well as Sisig.

Super Meke

Extra Super Meke. It was breakfast and I am in La Paz, so of course I went for the Batchoy. I chose the Extra Super Meke, which, like Deco's, had slices of pork, internals, and topped with crushed chicharon and toasted garlic bits.

Taste wise, I liked it, but I loved Deco's more. The broth wasn't as rich and flavorful, but I still had a satisfying breakfast because it was tasty as well.

To partner my hot bowl of soup, I ordered some puto again, which interestingly is a peso cheaper than Deco's. No difference in the taste, really.

Tummies full, we decided to roam around because K saw "Old Railroad" on the map and he wanted to see it. Unfortunately, we didn't get to see it because some people couldn't understand what we were trying to say. It was okay, we did get to enter the La Paz Church as well as the park fronting it.

It was around 9am when we got back at Urban Inn, and the moment we entered, the receptionist asked if I am Jennifer because I had a package. Receiving it, I was surprised it arrived earlier than expected (brother sent it late afternoon yesterday and I received it 9am the next day - wow). Now that I have my cell phone's USB Cord as well as sister's M2 memory card, I can now take pictures to my heart's desire!




Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Jenn, the Foodie


I come from a family who loves cooking and eating. I never had any formal training in cooking and that I taught myself how to cook based on the handed down recipes, but I could say that I can cook good food. In 2008, I started documenting my food trips for my travel blog, and since I have quite enough to start a food blog, might as well put all those food trips in one location. Thus, a food blog is born - thanks to the new Friendster Blogs. However, due to several problems, I was left with no choice but to pack bags again and move here instead. Here's the permanent address, promise! Enough talk, let the food trippin' begin! {Know More About Me}