Monday, March 5, 2012

Cooling Down with BubbateaLicious

BubbateaLicious
SM City Fairview
03 March 2012

Sister's day off was moved to Saturday, and since she doesn't like to stay at home during her off days, she just asked if I could accompany her at the mall to check items on sale (the mall had a sale last weekend). I was still under the weather, but I didn't want to miss out on days with my dear sister, so off we went to the mall. We roamed around the mall, had some snacks, and before going home, we passed by BubbateaLicious at the Upper Ground Floor (near Chef d'Angelo) of the mall to use the 100 pesos GC cousin Marge gave me the last time we met.

Bubbatea Licious

BubbateaLicious was the first of the milk tea places to open at SM Fairview. Sister always buy a cup of their milk tea, but this being my first time to check the place, I thought it would be a good idea to taste their drinks as well. We first went to the stall some 30 minutes before, but they told us they were still brewing tea, and we had to come back. Am not sure if the store always have a line... but it could be that they have lots of customers and/or the two workers were having a difficult time preparing the drinks. Well, I would like to commend their skills - despite the constant flow of orders, they don't get confused!

Their stall is quite small and that their table is fronting the customers, so I was able to see how they prepare the drinks. They first open a pack of powdered tea mix (based on the customer's order) and melt it with some hot tea. They add some tube ice and a pack of flavoring (depending on the order) and shake it before pouring it to the cup.

Bubbatea Licious

Matcha Milk Tea Strawberry Passion Fruit Tea

They have two sets of drinks: Pearl Milk Tea and Pearl Fruit Tea.

Sister went with her ever favorite BubbateaLicious drink - Matcha Milk Tea. It tasted like the Matcha tea we had at home with the addition of milk and tapioca pearls (the black ones under the cup). Sister told me their drinks can be a bit inconsistent with flavor, so she just went for the medium sized cup, but this she said tasted better than the past ones she ordered here, so in a way she regretting going for the medium sized cup; she should've chosen the large cup.

Other flavors for their Pearl Milk Tea line: Royal, Taro, Caramel, Choco, Strawberry, and Blueberry.

I chose to go for the Strawberry Passion, just to try their fruit tea. It tasted like real strawberries, yes, but it was somewhat bitter, maybe because of the tea. I liked it, actually, but sister said she would just stick with the milk tea. :)

Other flavors for their Pearl Fruit Tea line: Wild Berries, Mango Delight, and Kiwi & Dew.

Our total bill was p115. Using the p100 GC, I just added p20 and when I handed it to the staff, he sort of asked me if I had real money because he didn't want to accept my GC. The other staff asked his colleague why he was refusing it, so the other staff had no choice but to call someone on the phone and asked about it. In the end, they accepted my GC, but I had to sign a memo indicating that the control number printed on the GC has already been claimed.

I liked my drink, but I still love Cha Dao's Choco-Strawberry Yakult Blend. Well, we spotted another milk tea place somewhere in the mall... we might try it next time.

- * - * - * -

So... what did you have last weekend? If you're new to the Weekend Eating meme, you can read the rules and get the badge codes HERE. My heartfelt thanks to everyone who joined last week.







Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Jenn, the Foodie


I come from a family who loves cooking and eating. I never had any formal training in cooking and that I taught myself how to cook based on the handed down recipes, but I could say that I can cook good food. In 2008, I started documenting my food trips for my travel blog, and since I have quite enough to start a food blog, might as well put all those food trips in one location. Thus, a food blog is born - thanks to the new Friendster Blogs. However, due to several problems, I was left with no choice but to pack bags again and move here instead. Here's the permanent address, promise! Enough talk, let the food trippin' begin! {Know More About Me}