Friday, February 17, 2012

Recipe | Ginisang Pechay at Tokwa

This was an old picture that I wasn't able to share...

The "Mama Sita's Lutong Bahay" cookbook proved to be a very useful cookbook for me - dishes were easy to make and it has saved me during days when thinking what to cook was quite difficult. My mom couldn't eat any soy products (because of uric), so this I had for lunch one time ago.

Ginisang Pechay at Tokwa

Ginisang Pechay at Tokwa (Sauteed Bok Choy and Tofu)
{Serves 4}

Ingredients
  • 4 tablespoons cooking oil
  • 1 block tofu
  • 1 big clove of garlic, minced
  • 1 small onion, sliced thinly
  • 2 small pieces of ripe tomatoes, sliced
  • 2 tablespoons Mama Sita's Oyster Sauce
  • 300g Bok Choy, washed and cut in half
  • 3 tablespoons water

How to Cook

  • Fry tofu in oil until golden brown. Set aside and cut into small cubes once cooled.
  • In the same pan, saute garlic, onions and tomatoes. Wait for the tomatoes to cook a little then add the cubed tofu, water and oyster sauce.
  • Add the white part of the bok choy and mix for about 30 seconds. Add the green part of the bok choy, mix, then cover the pan. Turn up the heat for a few seconds to cook the vegetables then serve the dish.

The tofu cubes were a bit soft because it absorbed the liquid, but the whole dish was turned out good. It was a light lunch that can be eaten with or without rice, and can be paired with fried meat, if wanted.




Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Jenn, the Foodie


I come from a family who loves cooking and eating. I never had any formal training in cooking and that I taught myself how to cook based on the handed down recipes, but I could say that I can cook good food. In 2008, I started documenting my food trips for my travel blog, and since I have quite enough to start a food blog, might as well put all those food trips in one location. Thus, a food blog is born - thanks to the new Friendster Blogs. However, due to several problems, I was left with no choice but to pack bags again and move here instead. Here's the permanent address, promise! Enough talk, let the food trippin' begin! {Know More About Me}