Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Cupcakes

Celebrations aren't really complete without a cake, but because normal cakes can be bulky, cupcakes surely became a big hit to people. Why not? They're cute and very easy to share to other people.

Cupcakes are really becoming a great gift idea, and with so many ways to decorate a cupcake, pastry chefs are really taking the artistry a notch higher and higher.

Cupcakes

Cupcakes Cupcakes

These "Plants vs Zombies" and "Angry Birds" cupcakes were made by Little Miss OC Kitchen. I saw these cute works of art during the Yummy Eats event last May. Such skillful hands, eh? Before, the cupcakes I know were the cheese cupcakes - just the cake with cheese on top, and now whatever idea you have in mind, the people in the cupcake businesses can certainly make it a reality.

Of course, the more intricate the design, the more expensive a cupcake is. Well, these maybe too cute to be eaten, but I am not a big fan of the fondant icing, so I guess I won't be caught eating these cupcake toppers. Although, for my birthday, I might order some cupcakes with the quarter moon design, but I will just eat the cake - I will save the topper or maybe let my siblings eat it. :)



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Jenn, the Foodie


I come from a family who loves cooking and eating. I never had any formal training in cooking and that I taught myself how to cook based on the handed down recipes, but I could say that I can cook good food. In 2008, I started documenting my food trips for my travel blog, and since I have quite enough to start a food blog, might as well put all those food trips in one location. Thus, a food blog is born - thanks to the new Friendster Blogs. However, due to several problems, I was left with no choice but to pack bags again and move here instead. Here's the permanent address, promise! Enough talk, let the food trippin' begin! {Know More About Me}