Monday, January 30, 2012

Weekend Eating | Cairine Mae's Baptism Party

Yesterday, us family went to our neighbor's house to celebrate Cairine Mae's baptism. We didn't attend the actual event, we just went over to eat lunch and here are the food served at the buffet table:

Breaded Fish Fillet

Breaded Fish Fillet. I am glad more and more people are serving this dish - I love cream dory fish!

Chicken Cordon Bleu

Chicken Cordon Bleu. Someday I will learn how to cook this perfectly.

Beef Caldereta

Beef Caldereta. It didn't have the spicy kick (because they invited a lot of kids at the party), but I love it so much because the beef was just so tender, but the potatoes weren't mushy at all!

Milky Chicken with Hotdogs

Milky Chicken with Hotdogs. I wasn't able to taste this one.

Lumpiang Shanghai

Lumpiang Shanghai. It was a little thicker than the usual Lumpiang Shanghai, but it was cooked good. My sister and I loved this, too!

Creamy Mixed Veggies

Creamy Mixed Veggies with Quail Eggs and Chicken Gizzards. I ate this, but I didn't scoop out any of the eggs and the gizzards.

Shrimps

Steamed Shrimps. Another dish I didn't taste - simply because I found it a bit tedious to peel off the shell.

Other dishes served at the party I wasn't able to take a picture of: Lechon, Vegetable Salad (I forgot what dressing they used), and Fresh Spring Rolls. They also served two native delicacies - Bibingka and Kutsinta. For desserts, they served Buco Pandan.

I ate just enough to satisfy my tummy - a little rice, a piece of the fish fillet, a piece of beef caldereta and one potato chunk, 3 pieces of Lumpiang Shanghai, and a scoop of the mixed veggies. For drinks, I just had water.

Part of my goals this week is to not eat fried food, but I did say that if I am invited to an event, I will make an exception. :) Well, I did tell my sister and my friend Ria that I won't eat/drink any of the sweetened food/drinks, and I'd like to say I did great even if they were trying so hard to tempt me to even just taste a morsel of the "prohibited" food. Taking the fried food aside, I think I am a superwoman today.

... and the lunch made me quite full that I didn't eat dinner anymore, though I had about 1/4 cup of Roasted Cashews for snacks around 5pm.

- * - * - * -

So... what did you have last weekend? If you're new to the Weekend Eating meme, you can read the rules and get the badge codes HERE. My heartfelt thanks to everyone who joined last week.







Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Jenn, the Foodie


I come from a family who loves cooking and eating. I never had any formal training in cooking and that I taught myself how to cook based on the handed down recipes, but I could say that I can cook good food. In 2008, I started documenting my food trips for my travel blog, and since I have quite enough to start a food blog, might as well put all those food trips in one location. Thus, a food blog is born - thanks to the new Friendster Blogs. However, due to several problems, I was left with no choice but to pack bags again and move here instead. Here's the permanent address, promise! Enough talk, let the food trippin' begin! {Know More About Me}