Friday, January 13, 2012

Juan Carlo the Caterer for the the Weddings & Debuts 2012 Bridal Fair Press Conference

*** picture - heavy post ***

Weddings & Debuts 2012 Presscon

Weddings & Debuts 2012 Presscon

Just yesterday (12 January 2012), I was invited to attend the press conference of the Weddings and Debuts 2012 Bridal Fair at Plaza Ibarra in Timog, Quezon City. This bridal fair, organized by The Wedding Library has been an annual event since 1994. For the last two years, the event has been held at all three Megatrade Halls of SM Megamall. From their initial event catering to the floral industry, the event is now the most sought after event for couples wanting to get married, and ladies who would like to make their 18th birthday very memorable.

This year, the Weddings & Debuts 2012 Bridal Fair will take place the Megatrade Halls of SM Megamall on February 17, 18, and 19.

Maja Salvador and Angelo Cacciatore

Weddings & Debuts 2012 Presscon

There were two sets of celebrity endorsers for this event: Enzo Pineda and Louise delos Reyes and Enzo Pineda for the Debuts part, and Maja Salvador and Angelo Cacciatore for the Wedding part. At the event, it was only Maja and Angelo present, but three of the major companies behind the event were there to represent:

Edd Sy
For the past 15 years, Edd Sy, one of the sponsors has been designing beautiful clothes and wedding gowns with such dedication from designing to fitting the finished gown that he has won the loyalty of many clients. This trait has given him an edge over others, plus his naturally jolly personality. Among those who have worn his collection on teleseryes are Marian Rivera, Angel Locsin, Jennelyn Mercado, Valerie Concepcion, Nadine Samonte, Sam Milby, and JC de Vera.

Nice Print Photography
Nice Print is one of the fastest growing providers of digital photo and video services that works with clockwork precision, and in the span of five years has expanded to a pool of 45 skilled photographers, videographers, film editors and layout artists. Proprietor Charisse Tinio still remembers how she started with one photographer, one videographer, and one assistant. Today, with such coverage for celebrity weddings of Ogie and Regine, John and Priscilla, Kyla, Juris, Jenny Miller, Jenny Hernandez, Say Alonzo and Love Añover, small wonder Nice Print is getting to be known as Wedding Photographer to the Stars.

AMI Jewels
Conservative jeweler AMI Jewels has always believed that their works of art will speak for themselves. True enough, despite being publicity shy, the brand has accumulated loyal clients through the years and has become a name to reckon with. However, it quickly becomes obvious they have been well trained in gemology when it comes to discussing trends in the industry. Apart from wedding and engagement rings, AMI Jewels also offers other pieces like bracelets, necklaces, earrings, and brooches for every occasion.

Since this is a food blog, let me share to you the awesome dishes served to us at the event, courtesy of Juan Carlo the Caterer.

Juan Carlo the Caterer

Ever since Alex Michael del Rosario put up his catering service in Nov. 11, 1995 after leaving a career in Saudi Arabia, he and his wife Teresita Macatangay settled for good in Batangas and started operations on Juan Carlo the Caterer, named after his first born. Today, the company is synonymous with great food and superb service where catering becomes and art and every project a masterpiece.

Presenting the wide array of food served at the event:

Appetizers -
Croquettes

Croquettes. I wasn't able to get the full name of this, but it was a good appetizer, too bad I only asked the server to put one on my plate.

Mini Tacos

Mini Tacos. I personally don't like taco-seasoned beef on my taco (I prefer just beef seasoned with salt and pepper), so I only had one of this as well. While lining at the buffet table, people in front of me were raving about the taco - and they actually started eating even before they left the table. I guess it was that good.

Main Dishes -
Steamed Veggies

Steamed Veggies. One thing to commend: it was so crunchy! The veggies were lightly seasoned, too, so it paired well to the other dishes.

Chicken Masala

Chicken Masala. It wasn't as spicy as I thought it would be, and if Indian food are generally this good, am sure I'd like it.

Pork Geneva Style

Pork, Geneva Style. Pork topped with bacon, banana, and cheese. Somehow it reminds me of this banana/bacon dish I ate at Dumaluan Beach Resort in Bohol, but sadly, I didn't get to taste this. Bloggy friend Alwin said he liked this one - possibly his favorite dish that day.

Salmon with Tequila Cream Sauce

Salmon with Tequila Cream Sauce. The minute I saw this, I knew I'd love this, and I was right! I could taste this teeny hint of tequila, but of course this is already cooked, so no more alcohol (I guess). I just love how everything complimented each other, truly a dish I hope I'd get the recipe of.

Goat Kalderetang Batangas

Goat Kalderetang Batangas. When one speaks of "Kaldereta," one would instantly think of potatoes and carrots. Well, this one didn't have any of those - just pure goat meat simmered in sauce. Engr. Alex del Rosario said, there are three ways of cooking adobo - the Tagalog style (with potatoes and carrots), the Spanish style (with olives), and this - the Batangas style, slowly cooked with lots of onions. The meat is so tender, it didn't have this "anggo" usually present in goat dishes. I loved it, and seems most of the people at the event loved it, too.

Ox Tongue with Buttered Mushroom

Ox Tongue with Buttered Mushroom. In some ways it's like Lengua Estofada, in some ways it is not. The ox tongue was so tender, the sauce was buttery, and the mashed potatoes provided a different texture to the dish.

Desserts -
Fresh Fruit Jelly / Pandan Pannacota

Fresh Fruit Jelly / Pandan Pannacota. The Fruit Jelly reminds me of the Almond Jelly dessert and the Pandan Pannacota is a very light dessert.

Tropical Fruit Pavlova

Tropical Fruit Pavlova. Merengue and fresh fruits equals a very awesome dessert! I just love how the sweetness and tartness of each fruit blended well!

Sans Rival with Pisatachio Nuts

Sans Rival with Pistachio Nuts. Personally, I loved this one... but maybe because it was served alongside the main dishes, it's no longer chilled when I ate it and it was a bit soft already.

Florentine Bites

Florentine Bites. I found this one way too sweet for my taste.

Sitting down with Engr. Alex del Rosario himself, us bloggers learned that it was his deep passion for food that keeps the business going strong. To date, Juan Carlo the Caterer has been the choice of many couples to be the food provider for their weddings - including celebrity couple Ogie Alcasid and Regine Velasquez. Engr. del Rosario trains the cooks himself, so that every dishes served at the events were just like how he would prepare it. Although the company has been known to cater wedding receptions, they can also cater to different events - birthdays, anniversaries, and baptism. Asking the top three dishes (the ones always picked by the people getting their services), he listed Salmon with Tequila Cream Sauce, Goat Kalderetang Batangas, and Ox Tongue with Buttered Mushrooms. Hey, those were my top three dishes, too! Well, those three dishes were truly the best among the dishes served at the event.

If you want to learn more of Juan Carlo the Caterer, you can check their Website or their Facebook Page for more details.



Big thanks to Nuffnang PH for the invitation.

FTFBadge

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Jenn, the Foodie


I come from a family who loves cooking and eating. I never had any formal training in cooking and that I taught myself how to cook based on the handed down recipes, but I could say that I can cook good food. In 2008, I started documenting my food trips for my travel blog, and since I have quite enough to start a food blog, might as well put all those food trips in one location. Thus, a food blog is born - thanks to the new Friendster Blogs. However, due to several problems, I was left with no choice but to pack bags again and move here instead. Here's the permanent address, promise! Enough talk, let the food trippin' begin! {Know More About Me}