Monday, December 26, 2011

Weekend Eating | Christmas Feast







The past few years, our family would always celebrate Christmas with any of our relatives from mom's side, but this year, it was just us - both for Noche Buena and Christmas Day.

For Noche Buena, we had Pansit Bihon (which brother cooked) and some dishes given to us by our neighbors. We were quite excited for the annual family photo shoot, so I didn't take pictures of the Noche Buena dishes anymore.

For the Christmas Edition of Weekend Eating, let me just share what the family ate on Christmas Day:

Sinarabasab

Sinarabasab - Grilled pork with KBL (Kamatis, Bagoong, Lasona), something brother prepared. I didn't taste this, though.

Inihaw na Bangus

Grilled Bangus. Mom's sister gave her some seafood from Pangasinan, and we opted to grill one of the bangus. However, the family wasn't able to eat this for lunch, but mom and brother ate this for dinner.

Veggie Kare-Kare

Vegetable Kare-Kare. I wasn't able to plate this well, but it did taste good. For this, I used the Mama Sita's Kare-Kare sauce (the paste kind), and instead of adding meat, I used fried tokwa. At first I thought I had to scratch this off the list because I couldn't find some puso ng saging, but I was glad brother went to Tungko with me, and I got to see this one stall that sells the puso ng saging. Sister cooked the bagoong alamang, and she cooked that one real good.

Buffalo Wings

Buffalo Wings. I was supposed to cook Fish Lumpia, but time wasn't enough to cook, flake, and wrap the fish, so I just fried the chicken wings and turn it into Buffalo Wings. Mom and sister preferred their chicken just fried, so it was just brother and I who had the wings with the spicy-honey glaze.

Cake Cake

Cake. Sister bought this one for the family, I don't know the name of the cake, but it's one of Goldilock's premium cakes. It tasted a lot like Black Forest cake, but a little too sweet for my taste.

Aglio Olio

Aglio Olio Pasta. This was something given to us by our next door neighbors for afternoon snacks. We were still full from lunch, so we just ate this for dinner - I only had 1/2 cup of this sans the bacon - because I felt I was already eating too much already.

Christmas with the family was so awesome! We didn't exchange gifts, but we have each other... we are in good health... that's all the matters.

From my family to yours, Merry Christmas!

- * - * - * -

So... what did you have last weekend? If you're new to the Weekend Eating meme, you can read the rules and get the badge codes HERE. My heartfelt thanks to everyone who joined last week.






Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Jenn, the Foodie


I come from a family who loves cooking and eating. I never had any formal training in cooking and that I taught myself how to cook based on the handed down recipes, but I could say that I can cook good food. In 2008, I started documenting my food trips for my travel blog, and since I have quite enough to start a food blog, might as well put all those food trips in one location. Thus, a food blog is born - thanks to the new Friendster Blogs. However, due to several problems, I was left with no choice but to pack bags again and move here instead. Here's the permanent address, promise! Enough talk, let the food trippin' begin! {Know More About Me}