Thursday, July 21, 2011

Breakfast First Before Traveling

Country Style
Raymond Bus Lines
Cubao, Quezon City
27 October 2010

Our neighbor and close friend Ria always wanted to travel to Vigan City, and when I told her I am traveling to La Union in time for the Surfing Break and All Saints Day, then traveling to Vigan City before coming home, she arranged her schedule so she could come with me.

Country Style

She only has five days to be out of town, so we set to travel to La Union on the 27th of October. When we got to Viron Transit in Cubao, the bus bound to Vigan just left, and since the next bus was bound for Pangasinan, we decided to grab something to eat first. We were just supposed to go to a 7-Eleven store, but saw this branch of Country Style at the entrance of Raymond Bus Lines, so we opted to eat there instead.

Country Style

I have tasted their donuts (thanks to another neighbor who sent us a box of donuts) some months back. I found their donuts a wee bit sweet, so at 8:30 in the morning, none of us wanted to start the day with something sugary. Good thing they have savory sandwiches (Ria knew that, I didn't). They had a list of "Daily Specials," where they put one sandwich on a sale. Since we were both budget travelers (I only had p4000 for this trip), we thought it would be good to go for it, but we had a little issue with eggs because we might eat eggs tomorrow, so it took a while before we made our choice.

Sunriser

Sunriser. It was a Wednesday and the Special for the Day was this one, which had ham, sunny side up egg, tomato, and lettuce. I just said something about the eggs, but since Ria chose my first choice, I just went with the Sunriser, just so we would eat different sandwiches. Well, the ham is something store bought, but is much better than the regular hams we buy at the supermarket...we all know how eggs and tomatoes and lettuce taste like, but what I liked about this sandwich was the bun. It was toasted good, and the bun itself had this distinct taste that makes it slightly different than the regular sandwiches.

BLT

Bacon, Lettuce, Tomato. Ria's choice. Sharing the same sentiments with my sandwich, basically, but one more thing I liked: the bacon was lean and it wasn't cooked too much.

Both sandwiches came with a glass of pink lemonade, which I loved, too. Both sandwiches were filled with lots of meat, another plus points for us. Both sandwiches (with the drinks) were less than p100 each, what more could we ask? Great looking and great tasting sandwiches with prices that won't make the wallet cry.

With tummies filled, it's time for us to hit the road. :)

*** Jenn ***

FTFBadge

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Jenn, the Foodie


I come from a family who loves cooking and eating. I never had any formal training in cooking and that I taught myself how to cook based on the handed down recipes, but I could say that I can cook good food. In 2008, I started documenting my food trips for my travel blog, and since I have quite enough to start a food blog, might as well put all those food trips in one location. Thus, a food blog is born - thanks to the new Friendster Blogs. However, due to several problems, I was left with no choice but to pack bags again and move here instead. Here's the permanent address, promise! Enough talk, let the food trippin' begin! {Know More About Me}