Sunday, February 27, 2011

Foodie 365 - Week 8

Week 8 has been good for me as I didn't have any problems as far as taking food pictures are concerned, so without further much introductions... here are the foods that made me burp this week...

Foodie 365 - 50/365

Foodie 365 > 50/365 - Buco Pandan with Fruit Cocktail and Corn Kernels
19 February 2011
{Canon Powershot SX130is}

Miggy, one of the kids living in the same street celebrated his birthday today. Since we don't really attend children's party, we decided not to come, but Miggy's mom Luz was so nice she gave us a container full of this dessert. I remembered during our neighborhood Christmas party, she served buco pandan and we all loved it, so I guess that's the reason why she gave us some. It was different - first time for me to taste buco pandan with fruit cocktail and corn kernels - but it was really delicious!

Foodie 365 - 51/365

Foodie 365 > 51/365 - Adobong Sitaw
20 February 2011
{Canon Powershot SX130is}

Cousin Dang gave us lots of yard-long beans, but because the beans traveled from Pangasinan to our place, it got wilted quite easily, so we decided to cook it adobo style. Brother cooked this, though, as I still had to do other things in the kitchen.

Foodie 365 - 52/365

Foodie 365 > 52/365 - Patola and Kalabasa with Miswa
21 February 2011
{Canon Powershot SX130is}

When mom got home from a day out with office mates, she had some patola (sponge gourd) and we decided to cook it for today's lunch. We usually cook it this way - and since my sister loves miswa ("fine wheat noodle" as what's stated in the Filipino-English translations), so we put in two bundles. It turned out to be really thick, but it was still delicious and my sister just loved it.

Foodie 365 - 53/365

Foodie 365 > 53/365 - Homemade Siomai
22 February 2011
{Canon Powershot SX130is}

Yesterday, sister tried cooking her own Siomai, and it turned out to be good, although we had a difficult time wrapping it. Today, there were some left pork mix, so I wrapped it and cooked it for lunch. I still don't know how to properly wrap it, but I least I think I am getting the hang of it. My sister and I are now looking forward to try it again.

Foodie 365 - 54/365

Foodie 365 > 54/365 - Lunch Out
Sta. Cruz Food Express (Sta. Cruz, Manila)
23 February 2011
{Canon Powershot SX130is}

Sister and I went out today. Supposedly, she was just about to purchase our tickets for our trip to Baguio City, but when she told me she also planned of visiting Quiapo Church, I told her I wanted to come, too. We ended up visiting three Catholic churches, and before we visited the second church, we passed by this food place in Sta. Cruz and decided to check it out. Foods were very affordable yet very, very delicious! I had: Chinese Fresh Lumpia and Burger Steak while sister had Bamboo Dimsum and Pepper Burger. Less than 200 pesos for four dishes with drinks included... it was a great food trip!

08|52. Nourish.

Foodie 365 > 55/365 - Watermelon
24 February 2011
{Canon Powershot SX130is}

This picture I initially took for my 52 Weeks of Me project. This week's prompt is "Nourish," and I decided to buy watermelon for this. Whole watermelons were so expensive, so I was really happy seeing a vendor selling sliced watermelons. 10 pesos for a slice was a bit expensive in my point of view, but much better to buy a slice than a big whole one, right?

Jollibee Breakfast

Foodie 365 > 56/365 - JBee Breakfast
25 February 2011
{Sony Ericsson K800i}

It was a holiday for schools in all levels, so Ria (a Psychology professor) was able to jog with us. We followed the route sis and I took the other day, and whenever we jog, we always see the Jollibee marker from afar, so we challenged ourselves to walk there and eat breakfast. We found out that the Jollibee Store was a kilometer away... we were so tired when we got there, but we were so fulfilled.

Sis and Ria had pancakes, and I had the Longganisa and Egg pandesal. Not exceptionally delicious, but good nonetheless.


Hope you all had a great foodie week!

*** Jenn ***

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Jenn, the Foodie


I come from a family who loves cooking and eating. I never had any formal training in cooking and that I taught myself how to cook based on the handed down recipes, but I could say that I can cook good food. In 2008, I started documenting my food trips for my travel blog, and since I have quite enough to start a food blog, might as well put all those food trips in one location. Thus, a food blog is born - thanks to the new Friendster Blogs. However, due to several problems, I was left with no choice but to pack bags again and move here instead. Here's the permanent address, promise! Enough talk, let the food trippin' begin! {Know More About Me}