Saturday, January 1, 2011

2011 Plans and Resolutions

Happy new year, everyone!

I don't normally blog on Saturdays, but since I still don't have the urge to sleep (my body wants to sleep, but my mind is still very much awake), I decided to write this one. My apologies if this one will be full of grammatical errors, my head is a little heavy and sleepy. Oh well, even if I am 100% okay I still have so many grammatical errors, but like what K said, as long as you get the message across, it's just alright.

So okay... new year. Wow, time did fly so fast! I am a person who always do her resolution at the start of the year, this year was no exception. I actually suck at doing resolutions, but 2010 was a good year for me; I was able to achieve most of my resolutions, that I feel 2011 will be a better one. Since this is my food blog, here are my food resolutions for 2011:
  • Cut down on food intake. I maintain a food blog, yes, but I really need to cut down on my food intake because I easily gain weight. I really want to become slim (even dream of wearing a swimsuit in public), so the best way to achieve that is to exercise and cut down food. True, this would be a difficult thing to do because I am a food blogger, but I won't really deprive myself - I'd still eat, but in lesser portions. :)
  • Say Goodbye to Soft Drinks. Another difficult habit to break, but with high sugar levels, I really just have to live life without it. If I can make water my main drink, all the better.
  • 10 Cups of Water a Day. They say we have to drink at least 8 glasses a day, but seriously, I don't know how much milliliters there is in one glass, so I decided to go with 10 cups of water a day. No ifs, no buts... 10 cups. End of.
  • Make Healthier Choices When Eating Out. Whenever I do food trips in places that are new to me, I sometimes get overwhelmed with the names of the dishes. Sadly, I always go for bad choices, so for 2011, I'd try my best to choose the healthier option.
  • Up the Intake of Fish and Veggies. Ever since my dad died, we didn't get to eat as much veggies as we should have. It's always meat, meat, meat for us, and with indigestion and constipation problems arising, I really should take in more veggies and fish instead of meat. If I would be eating meat, I'd make sure there's a veggie side dish just to balance it out.
  • One Cup of Rice for lunch. Even if I failed on this, I still was able to do it for a period of time in 2010; for sure I can do it again this year.
  • Oatmeal for Breakfast, Only Viand for Dinner. Up the fiber and lessen the carbs.
  • Food Trips only Twice a Month. I realized one of the reasons why I gained weight was the food trips I did. Yes, food trips will be part of my life so long as I have this blog, but since I still have 70+ food trips about to share (I only share the food trips every Thursdays), even if I do only two food trips a month from here on out, I still wouldn't run out of food trips to share. Only exception to this is when I travel out of town - obviously, I had no choice but to eat out, right?
  • Maintain a Food Log. I have already written in the blog schedule that Saturdays in this blog will be for my food log, but the reason why this blog is not updated every Saturday is because I always forget to log what I ate. Really, this is one of the ideas I have to make sure I cut down on my food intake. No cheating, I will write every food and drink that went in my mouth and publish it every Saturday for the whole world to see.

Based on the resolutions I have made, I am now about to start a Project 365... but unlike the previous two years when I take pictures of anything that caught my fancy, this year will be about the Foodie 365, wherein I take pictures of foods I am about to eat. This would be a good idea for the food log I was planning, and because I eat everyday, for sure I won't get to worry about missing a day. :)

Another big plan coming up will be the upgrade to a .com - yey! Well, I still have to think of a good domain name, so as soon as I gather my thoughts about a good domain name, this blog will transfer to a new address. :)

These were just some of the things in my head. I do pray that I will be able to do all these things, and on the first day of 2012, I will look back and check whether I was able to keep up with all of my resolutions or not. Wish me luck!

*** Jenn ***

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Jenn, the Foodie


I come from a family who loves cooking and eating. I never had any formal training in cooking and that I taught myself how to cook based on the handed down recipes, but I could say that I can cook good food. In 2008, I started documenting my food trips for my travel blog, and since I have quite enough to start a food blog, might as well put all those food trips in one location. Thus, a food blog is born - thanks to the new Friendster Blogs. However, due to several problems, I was left with no choice but to pack bags again and move here instead. Here's the permanent address, promise! Enough talk, let the food trippin' begin! {Know More About Me}