Friday, August 27, 2010

Longganisa for Breakfast



Longganisa

My mom and I just love the longganisa. Both of us prefer the native ones - the more garlicky it is, the better. These bunch of longganisa was sold to us by Ms. Weng, who delivers meat here from time to time. At first I complained a bit because it was 280 pesos per kilo, but when we tasted it, it was really good!

We cook the longganisa in some water and wait until the sausages have rendered most of the fat. This was actually just plated food - I cooked 4 sausages at that time, which my mom and I shared. I just borrowed one of her sausages for pictures sake, because odd numbers looked much better. As for sawsawan, I prepared chopped tomatoes and onions with a bit of bagoong balayan and kalamansi juice.

We have a kilo of longganisa delivered here in our house every weekend, but since I have taken on my fitness journey, the longganisa for this week was still barely touched, and it's Friday already. I guess we won't be having a delivery this weekend.

*** Jenn ***

8 comments:

i♥pinkc00kies said...

the longganisa i like is the skinless one or kaya the one from Jollibee.

Tara said...

Your longanisa looks good, I just bought some earlier at the Fil store and I can't wait to have some tomorrow for breakfast.

Gizelle said...

I like skinless too but would also munch on these yummy looking ones!

maiylah said...

i honestly don't mind if the longganisa is skinless or not...i am more particular with the taste. i like them garlicky, too. :)

shutter happy jenn said...

Ako naman di ko gaano gusto yung skinless. I am more into regional longganisa (may ultimate fave is the Lucban longganisa)... but I also like the ones from Jollibee.

Thanks all for dropping by!

♥peachkins♥ said...

I love garlicky and sweet longganisa! Nice post,Jenn..

BTWQ, oo libre internet nya kasi sya ang naka-pwesto sa server..

shutter happy jenn said...

I spoke too soon... we still had longganisa delivered. Waaah!

@Peachkins - maga-apply ako sa Internet Cafe mo. Hehehe...

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh, I have just finished making Vigan longganisa kanina. It was so worth making! Will be cooking it for our Sunday breakfast tomorrow, just like how you cook it. Yours look really great!

Cheers,

My Sassy chef Recipes

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Jenn, the Foodie


I come from a family who loves cooking and eating. I never had any formal training in cooking and that I taught myself how to cook based on the handed down recipes, but I could say that I can cook good food. In 2008, I started documenting my food trips for my travel blog, and since I have quite enough to start a food blog, might as well put all those food trips in one location. Thus, a food blog is born - thanks to the new Friendster Blogs. However, due to several problems, I was left with no choice but to pack bags again and move here instead. Here's the permanent address, promise! Enough talk, let the food trippin' begin! {Know More About Me}