Thursday, July 29, 2010

Red Ribbon Lunch



Red Ribbon Lunch

Early February, my friend Zen and I met up at SM Megamall to watch the 5th Arts and Music Festival. It was the first day of the three day event, and although we were able to watch a good performance of the Halili-Cruz dancers, it was basically an open event filled with art workshops, that neither of us joined.

Come lunch, we decided to eat at Red Ribbon, and I chose this meal - chicken breast stuffed with chopped mushrooms. I forgot the name of the dish, but it was really delicious, although the breast was a bit rubbery. Each meal at Red Ribbon has free slice of cake, and I decided to have the chocolate mousse. My friend doesn't eat cake, so he gave me his cake - a slice of black forest. Since there weren't programs to watch in the afternoon, we just took the time to eat, went back at the Megatrade Hall to listen to the workshop, and left the event come 4pm. There was a concert scheduled come night time, but I am a person who doesn't really like traveling at night, so when my friend said he's leaving, I decided to go home as well.

*** Jenn ***

15 comments:

Verna Luga said...

Jenn, love that cake.. nyahahah.. FOOD TRIP here

Guiltless Grub said...

I wish they do serve them here...there's a Red Ribbon at a nearby mall. Will check it out soon, looks so delish.

annies home said...

sounds great and looks beautiful

☺lani☺ said...

That's a great meal! Love it!

Unknown said...

two slices of cake--what happened to your desire to lose weight?!:p

Certified Foodies said...

My eyes kept on looking at the cake! *LOL* I love Red Ribbon's cakes. Haven't tried any of their meals yet. Not sure if I will after reading this since I don't like rubbery meat. But, it looked really yummy! :)

Our Food Trip Friday entry (1st):
We Love Subway Sandwiches!

Bradley Hsi said...

It sure look tasty and I like the barbecue too. I will think of your advice of having our own website!

shutter happy jenn said...

@Guiltless Grub - I do love Red Ribbon's foods. My favorite is their palabok.

@Luna Miranda - This was taken February... :)Now, I don't think I can eat two slices of cakes anymore.

@Certified Foodies - I guess the rubbery texture was because the chicken breasts didn't have skin. Red Ribbon's meals are actually delicious, my friend had their tocino, and it was really great.

♥peachkins♥ said...

I love eating at red ribbon too!

niko said...

ang sarap nman ng food mo!!! :)

Newlyweds said...

ang sarap ng cake na yan ah... drooling here...

i♥pinkc00kies said...

i like their palabok before.. hehe pero I go to RR for cakes (choco mocha or coffee crunch, or ube cake) and the banana loaf (kainins, wala ng loaf size!)..

i haven't tried their meals talaga...

admin said...

ang sarap ng meal mo nakakagutom...
rache

http://foodtripfriday.net/ said...

Love the Chicken! Parang uber sarap naman niyan!

Clarissa said...

I wish merong red ribbon dito--have heard reviews from other blogger friends bout the luscious cake.Drooled!!

Happy FTF!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Jenn, the Foodie


I come from a family who loves cooking and eating. I never had any formal training in cooking and that I taught myself how to cook based on the handed down recipes, but I could say that I can cook good food. In 2008, I started documenting my food trips for my travel blog, and since I have quite enough to start a food blog, might as well put all those food trips in one location. Thus, a food blog is born - thanks to the new Friendster Blogs. However, due to several problems, I was left with no choice but to pack bags again and move here instead. Here's the permanent address, promise! Enough talk, let the food trippin' begin! {Know More About Me}