Friday, December 18, 2009

Paksiw



Paksiw

When it comes to fish, the family typically cooks it in three ways - fried, sinigang, or paksiw. If you ask me, my favorite is the paksiw, because I love sour-y foods, and I can eat using my hands. When I cook paksiw, I don't really put in water, I just cook it in vinegar and all the other ingredients... and I prefer using salt rather than fish sauce. My family would sometimes complain about my paksiw being so sour, but I found it really delicious.

If there are left over, I'd flake it the next day and make fish balls.

One weird habit in the family when we eat paksiw... We would put in some Star Margarine in our rice. I don't know, it just taste good that way.

*** Jenn ***

2 comments:

Dj MariƱas said...

hmmm. very interesting combination. paksiw and star rice. wonder how does that taste like?

here's my entry for this week :

http://djmarinas.blogspot.com/2009/12/leslies-special-turon.html

hope you can visit :-)

have a great weekend

maiylah said...

we used to put margarine in our rice when we were young ... haven't tried that with paksiw yet. :)

thanks for playing along, Jenn
happy holidays

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Jenn, the Foodie


I come from a family who loves cooking and eating. I never had any formal training in cooking and that I taught myself how to cook based on the handed down recipes, but I could say that I can cook good food. In 2008, I started documenting my food trips for my travel blog, and since I have quite enough to start a food blog, might as well put all those food trips in one location. Thus, a food blog is born - thanks to the new Friendster Blogs. However, due to several problems, I was left with no choice but to pack bags again and move here instead. Here's the permanent address, promise! Enough talk, let the food trippin' begin! {Know More About Me}