Friday, October 31, 2008

Lechon!

Lechon



When I last went to the Salcedo Weekend Market in Makati, I was supposedly just there to take part of the Yummy Weekend (by Yummy Magazine), but as I roam the market place, I realized, why not take pictures of the foods being sold there, too? And this lechon was one of them.

I am not a fan of lechon, I find the meat tasteless, and I only appreciate it when it was cooked into a different dish -- lechon paksiw. I also find it way too expensive, but given the task done to cook this, I think it's fair enough. =) Still, I am not much to this food, because apart from being tasteless, many people say it's full of bad cholesterol. Anyway, I guess I will just have to be contented with the pictures. =)

*** Jenn ***


5 comments:

♥peachkins♥ said...

Oi,ang sarap...gusto ko puro balat lang..haha very unhealthy..

Liz said...

super sarap but fatty, lahat ata ng masarap ganun :(

happy ff!

ces said...

nya! sharap!ng balat:) i remember we always have lechon during undas when i was a kid..in my mom's province since a cousin is also celebrating her bday so may party lagi hehe!:)

maiylah said...

naku, ang sarap ng balat!!! crunchy!!
i find the lechon being sold here in Manila quite bland ... don't know why, but the lechon in our province (visayas) tastes really good. no more sauce or anything needed. you should try it! :)

yummy yummy shot, Jenn!
thanks for playing again!

happy FF

 gmirage said...

OO liza, kung anong masarap, either fatty or not so healthy lol.

Alam mo ba, yung mga puti nagugulat sila sa buong baboy na nakahain sa hapag? hehe. Anyway, love this photo, crispy-goldenlicious balat!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Jenn, the Foodie


I come from a family who loves cooking and eating. I never had any formal training in cooking and that I taught myself how to cook based on the handed down recipes, but I could say that I can cook good food. In 2008, I started documenting my food trips for my travel blog, and since I have quite enough to start a food blog, might as well put all those food trips in one location. Thus, a food blog is born - thanks to the new Friendster Blogs. However, due to several problems, I was left with no choice but to pack bags again and move here instead. Here's the permanent address, promise! Enough talk, let the food trippin' begin! {Know More About Me}